Français
Français
Anglais
Anglais

Doctor Joël MIRBEY

Tel: +33 (0)3.80.30.26.03


Doctor Frédéric GIVRY

Tel: +33 (0)3.80.30.99.15

Epaule douloureuse

A little history

050202125114.jpg
050202125114.jpg

The sisters of SAINTE-MARTHE CLINIC had been in Dijon since 1628, serving the city's poor and caring for them in periods of epidemics. In 1910, they opened the first Dijon clinic. When the war broke out in 1914, they continued to fulfill this task until the end of the conflict.
In 1920, they modernised and expanded their establishment.

Between 1930 and 1953, the sisters improved patient services, thus offering 45 beds. In 1967 they merge with the Nevers sisters. In 1970, they turned the kitchen garden into a building so as to, once again, ensure better comfort for patients (toilets, plate glass windows, bigger rooms). The operation theatre was equally expanded, offering 55 beds.

In 1974, the sisters give the clinic away to several doctors. It then regrouped 4 Dijon clinics (Sainte-Marthe, Saint-Michel, Clinique du Parc, Clinique du Dr. Audry).

In 1975, the clinics were allowed to form a group and obtained a demolition and reconstruction licence. The final grouping was achieved on June 1st 1978. The group contributed to enhancing the Prefecture neighbourhood, and it kept its character and style. Since 1988, the old cloister, classified as a historical monument in the supplementary government inventory, has housed the Pediatric Services.

In 1989, the establishment became part of the Générale de Santé Cliniques Group, which is the first private hospital group in Europe.